Friday 8 January 2010

Another Friend Weds

Yesterday started gloomy as I got out of my bed 5 in the morning ... saw the score ... pakistan had conceded almost a hundred more runs for the ninth wicket ... Hussey had got a century ... on my way to work I was following the live scorecard ... paki wickets kept falling ... and soon the inevitable happened ... I tried to get out of the depression thinking of the things like "If they win what will I gain and if they lose what I wud lose" but couldn't ...

but the day got better as I attended a dear friend's wedding in the night .... there was the usual delay as this is in our blood - except me ... I helped out with a little transportation problem due to which we were the last to arrive ... ironically we were the first to "report" ... the weddings here are different in a few ways .... its not co ... you get served with qahwa right away ... there is no traditional crap ... joota chupai and what not ...

I and a friend indulged in a topic according to the occasion ... how will marriage affect our lives ... what will it improve ... what not .. my friend who we call "Chacha" explained as if he had gone thru everything ... he said its just like having a room mate except you cant complain to the warden and change your room ... this room mate is for "life" ... it was a scary analogy as I remembered my days in the hostel .... Chacha talked about setting ground rules on the first night .. and if you dont its already too late ...

it was a nice setting and everything ... the dinner was great ... we (I and Chacha) couldn't wait for the Rukhsati ... and returned to our homes round about midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment