Thursday 26 February 2009

Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

I witnessed something the other day which is a perfect example of the title.

There are two phases of our project. Phase I and Phase II. Both are totally separate from each other and no one from this phase has any relation with the other phase. There is this Indian guy who is QA/QC Engineer in Binladin for Phase II. He visits our office almost daily. Our office seats site managers for both Phases.

So this guy came to see someone from Phase II. He did not find him, but he found one of our site engineers from Phase II in the office of Phase I Site Manager (Nael Narouz). He went in and sat on Nael's seat rather awkwardly. "Krich" sound of something breaking. The back of the chair was towards the PC and there was a USB plugged in.

"Oh I'm soooo sorry.. I did'nt see the USB" ... "Ekhrib Baitak ... This wasn't my flash ... what am i going to tell him" The arabic part means ... tera satsyanas ho

Then they tried to make it work ... pluggin in and removing repeatedly .. nothin' it wasn't detected ... it was a disaster already ... when, that clumsy dude hit a cup of coffee and spilled it all over the table with important paperwork on it ...

His face went red and Nael's too but for different reasons !! Nael became mad ... he started throwing all the papers on the floor like crazy. and I .. I couldn't stop laughing ... while they were trying to soak up the coffee with tissues ...

I told the guy to leave.. he was reassuring that he will bring a new flash drive ... I said " Leave now before u fumble something else" ... "How much worse can it get?" ... "You could kill someone!!"

4 comments:

  1. Assalam-0-Alaikum

    MUSTAFA ,
    i hope u will be fine,, your stories are so wouder and to much full of reallity.......i cant something more than this ..... may be u will be understand this that what i want to say u


    keep it up............


    I want to join ur Circus comapny
    how can i join this company reply plz




    zain-ul-abideen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there could had been something more before he killed someone....he could have ruined someone's dress. In that case i would have loved if that someone was you....:)

    BTW u took long time to do a new post i started worrying abt u :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Zain: Stop fooling around Zeeshan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MAK: Yeah that would be great for the story... but i wouldnt be laughing then!

    I didnt know you followed my blog regularly ... i will keep posting frequently from now onwards..

    ReplyDelete