Wednesday 7 January 2009

'AL BAIK' Naam hi Kafi Hai !

1 extra thoom (garlic sauce) please .....

This is my line whenever I receive my take-out order, u just cant get enough of it. If you are dining in you can have as many as you want. And now they have introduced a cocktail sauce for shrimp orders ... have u tried it yet? its awesome..

Of the major cities in Saudi Arabia only Jeddah has been blessed with this gift. Sometimes I wonder what have we (the Jeddans) done, to deserve it.... and the CEO of this food chain company Mr Rami Abu Ghazaleh does not intend to launch any branch other than these few Western Region cities... its gives me a strange joy to know this....

I can say with utmost certainty that Al Baik serves the best (yet economical) spicy fried chicken in the world. You will see the elite class and the labor class standing in a single line for the order.
and the kids... its normal to see few tables occupied by 5 to 12 year olds ... how often do you see that .... The price is only one of the allurements which Al Baik provides....

For instance... well... the omnipresence !.... you cannot drive in the city for .. i would say 10 minutes ... without glancing at one of its outlets. There is one on Tahlia St, beside which there is a KFC .... and u can prominently see the difference ... I have seen hardly more than two people there whenever I have passed by.... why is KFC even operating in Jeddah !!

Talk about fast food .... Your number will come within 15 minutes even if there are 40 people ahead of you .. 38 to be precise ... so on average 2.53 customers get served per minute.... isn't that something .... its just a great spectacle to watch those Bengalis maneuver their hands and arms so fast at work .. it reminds you of those kids building cup pyramids in a flash.

Then there is the aroma.... you can just fall in love with it... it will seduce you like a sensuous evil lady... I call it evil cuz .... u have to admit it ... it does not save you from getting obese ... its all cholestrol man! ...

It is one of those things you will severely miss when you're abroad, honestly. I can go on and on.... but I should stop here lest you take me for a marketing rep of Al Baik, not that it needs any.

6 comments:

  1. nostalgia kicks in! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i know... :(

    I was hoping u would back me up on what I have said here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and y didn't i saw that coming....

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was first thing on my mind when i decided to start this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first thing on your mind when you decided to blog was fried chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. not just fried chicken... extra crispy extra spicy fried chicken... with that irresistible garlic sauce!!

    ReplyDelete