Saturday 3 January 2009

Her Name is Jameela

Jameela is arabic for Beautiful, but trust me the name does not do justice to her grandeur.

On my first day at work, I met this girl. She was in the same department and she helped me in the administrative issues during the initial stages.... she and that eye candy from HR. In fact I was surprised to see two females in the office at the same time... and I thought .. wow this place is filled with chics. It turns out they were the ONLY two in that whole building. If you are a Saudi resident, you will precisely know my feelings.

So, Jameela was different from the majority of Saudi girls, not at all conservative, very amiable with everyone. She used to come my desk to chat and sometimes joke about the Indian colleagues.. I always took her side.. We came to know each other very well and started sharing a lot together...by a lot i mean our thoughts and her candies... man i loved them.... as u all know i am not an ace in interacting with females... hell i am not even close to being an ace...but this was going fine.


Then after a month I started to visit the project site and I would go back and forth b/w the main office in Jeddah and the site 100 km from Jeddah.. and now I am permanently assigned for the site. This was during June . It was during one of these sultry days.... I had come from the site and reported to my head but I had not realized something which I was about to... Chutti time and I got into the elevator and guess who comes in after me .... yes

and now we were the only two persons in the elevator heading to the ground floor. The doors closed and I was about to start a conversation when she said: "You Look Miserable". Those were her exact words. It was like a slap on the face ... only more painful. She continued: "Is it the Site?" then I understood her tone, it was out of sympathy. I slowly nodded my head. It was hot as hell that day, the scorching sunlight and the sandstorm at the site had completely disfigured me. I hadn't had a single moment for myself .. didn't even have lunch and the long journey .... just sum that all up and the picture will paint itself.

Anyway, the endless journey from 3rd floor to the ground floor ended and we got out . " See ya" "Bye" and she got into her Mercedes with her Sri Lankan driver (lucky bastard).

Moral: Have a mirror with you at all times.

6 comments:

  1. I like the moral...well u have some experiences...wasay u don't need to be an ace to do conversation...confidence is all that matters "if" u want to do a "simple" conversation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aah... confidence .... u know how much of that i have got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...very nicely narrated

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalam-0-Alaikum
    i m Hina from saudia . i realy like ur jameela`s story and other one shurata when u was drive your car on the overspeed . realy nice i realy appriciate ur these entertant stories .

    plz I have a request for u write more about ur life which is funny and others.


    thanx i m from pakistan ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Hina: Walaikum Assalam..

    thanks for the appreciation...and yes i will keep posting my amusing experiences here in Jeddah...

    but i have to ask .. where r u from? pakistan or saudia? or r u a pakistani living in saudia..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assalam-0-Alaikum

    these stories are very full of lessons and great for reading we can improve our english and how can we read the english ...............
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha



    sorry i was just joking dont be angry haan ok plz continoue this session and write more about ur self and about ur life.............




    THIS is life for fun and just fun and ful of fun ...................






    thanx

    ReplyDelete