Saturday 31 January 2009

Another Mix-Up

Last Wednesday night, I and my dad went to my brother's prize distribution function in our beloved Pakistan International School Jeddah ... The invitation had come to my dad to attend this function and collect the prize ....

I didn't want to go as I would meet my former teachers ... I didnt want to confront any of them ... My dad gave me his piece of mind when I said that ... so I agreed to go ...

Here's what happened ... Dads of many of the students were there to collect their sons' prizes ... What those idiot volunteers should have done ... they should have conformed before the function, whose dads or brothers are present and whose are not ... If the dad wasnt there ... they were sending proxies instead ....

It was a hilarious situation when a dad went on the stage and the prize was already given to a proxy ... lol .... this happened thrice ... so to avoid this mishap I informed them beforehand that I will be collecting the prize for Muhammad Muzammil Mukhtar ....

I was sitting among aged persons ... some of them bald ... the rest grey haired ... and obviously I was uncomfortable ... Anyway .... after a long wait which included the Principal's lame speech and some boring Qaumi Naghmay ... my turn came ...

"For Overall 1st Position in 2nd Year Pre-Eng. .... Muhammad Muzammil Mukhtar .... His father Sheikh Mukhtar Hussain will come to collect the prize" ... U dumb MFs ... I got up the stage and the chief guest had a surprised look on his face ... I said in a low voice " I am his brother " and he was relieved.

5 comments:

  1. lolz...and here i was thinking these kind of things can only happen in Pakistan...btw u are lucky enough that presenter was surprise to see u if i would had been there my appearance must had covered for me :)

    BTW i liked how Fedrer fought for his glory but alas he failed :( will be waiting for a post on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. u r forgetting that the function was in Pakistan International School and every sinlge person there was Pakistani .... actually only my black hair, saved me ... i have gained a lot of weight and i look like a father of three :(

    cut off from all kinds of sports ... we dont have ESPN or any sports channel :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. ESPN dekh k weight kam nai hota :D

    u already looked like a dad...but now a dad of three .. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anas: i never said i intend to decrease my weight by watching ESPN .... i said we dont have ESPN so i dont know anything about Federer's loss .... actually i looked like a dad of more than three with that long beard .. now i have improved to three :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey nice to hear u had improved....pray for me pal :)

    ReplyDelete